Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My Prayer for Today

Have you had one of these mornings. . . Today I woke up, not just on the wrong side of the bed, but maybe on the wrong side of the world. My patience was tanked. I was tired. Grumpy. My beautiful, adorable, angelic munchkins were bickering, non-stop chattering, being entirely too energetic. I caught myself praying "Okay, God, just get me through today!" WHAT?!?!?!?!? Get me through today? What if today is the last day of my life and I JUST GOT THROUGH IT? Talk about bringing me to a screeching halt! Thankfully I was not driving at the moment. . . we would have caused a bit of a problem! Anyway, it dawns on me that today is the only today I have and my little timer (think Days of our Lives and hum the tune with me!) is never going to refill. I so do not want to just get through a day! I want to own the day, conquer the day, make this day be the best day yet! So here's my NEW prayer: "God, today belongs to you! Let's make it ROCK!" And that's my prayer for you today too! Make it amazing! Blessings to you! C

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Wow! What an awesome thought, I will have to use that from now on. Thanks for sharing your cards and everything else!!!