Friday, August 10, 2007

Breaking out of the mold!


So last night I was so tired I just wanted to crawl into bed, pull the covers over my head and catch up on my beauty sleep. I so knew that was NEVER going to work though! Ever have one of those times when you just HAVE TO MAKE A CARD?!?!?!?! Or doing something creative. . . . get your fingers inky. . . . . play with your new stamps or embellishments? That was me last night! So I started out with a butterfly from my new Papertrey Ink set and I inked it up in pastels, grabbed a beautiful pastel background, pastel cardstock, pastel, pastel, pastel. . . Ewww! I was not(really, really not) in a pastel mood! That's how I ended up with this cool B/W background paper from DCWV, wide, bright red grosgrain ribbon and a BLACK butterfly! :-) I like it! It is so not pastel, don't you agree?!?! Anyway, don't know if you can see the little silver charm by the polka dot bow- it says "Thank you".


Hope you enjoy the card. . . .enjoy your weekend. . . enjoy God's infinite blessings in your life! And if you're seeing more trials and troubles than blessings today, try this little trick: Each day of the month, take time to think of a number of blessings equal to the day of the month. Today is August 10th, so come up with 10 things you are thankful for! Have fun!

No comments: